A new project, including project details and project phases, can be added from the Schedule page.
Adding a new project is as easy as steps 1, 2, 3 (4 and 5)!
When you first log in and no projects exist, a No Projects message displays.
Step 1: Add New Project
- Select the Add button on the right side of the Schedule page.
- Select Create New Project from the drop-down menu. The New Project dialog opens.
Step 2: Enter Project Information
- When the New Project dialog opens, complete the fields.
- Enter a Name for your project. This name will display on the Schedule.
- Each Project Name must be unique for a client; however, you can create the same project name for different clients (i.e., Project A for Client A, or Project A for Client B).
- Select the client associated with the project from the Client drop-down list.
- See Adding a Client for more information.
Step 3: Upload Photo
See Adding a Photo to a Project for information on uploading an optional photo.
- If no photo is set for the project, the client photo (if one is set) will be the default photo for the project and assignments. See Adding a Photo to a Client for more information.
Step 4: Enter Additional Information
- Select the Additional Information bar to view additional optional fields.
- Enter a project Description.
- Select Confirmed, Tentative or Archived from the Status drop-down list to indicate whether a project is active, upcoming or inactive.
- Once a project is archived, it won't display on the Projects drop-down when adding a project to a resource.
- Select Yes or No from the Chargeable drop-down list to indicate whether the project is chargeable or not.
Step 5: Add Phases
- If the project has phases, select the Phases bar, and complete the optional fields.
- Enter a unique Name for the phase. A prompt to update the phase name displays if the phase already exists in the project.
- To add additional phases, select +Add More in the lower-left corner of the dialog.
Note: Once a project is created, you can only add, rename, reorder and
delete phases from the Projects: Phase View on the Schedule.
Step 6: Create and SaveSelect Create when complete to save your project or Cancel to close the dialog without saving.